banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Thursday, January 22, 2015

 

I Already Did This


I Already Did This!

 

I had a good laugh and a scare at my own expense this week.  It’s a good thing, I needed a good laugh. Not so happy about the scare.

The past couple of weeks I’ve been really doing a lot of interviews but hadn’t had the time to write them up!  Or at least I thought I didn’t…

We’ve had the boys over for several nights and then there were the countless physical therapy sessions along with the doctors’ appointments that made my time feel as if it were totally non-existent.  Plus, well-my pain level has been rather high thanks to the very cold (thankfully brief) winter weather. 

My neck and lower back were on fire for a few days there-so much so that the manual therapy and extra reps of kinetic exercises did NOT help.  I decided to give in and take a muscle relaxer and some anti-inflammatory to cut myself a break.  About 40 minutes after I swallowed those 2 rather tiny pills, I realized that I was just sitting on my extra pillows with my heated rice-filled sock on my back and staring out into space in front of my computer. 

 Despite the pain, I felt I had to get some actual work accomplished.

When I caught on to the fact that I was not working but in a daze-I gave up and went to bed and tried to sleep it off.  I didn’t really sleep.  But I didn’t go back to work either.

Then a few days later, after another doctor’s appointment, a walk with Lucky and a round of PT exercises I sat down at my desk and knocked out one of the profiles, wrote a couple of e-mails to the press offices for the blog I needed to write on Earth Day and then decided to keep on going and write up another profile.

I opened up the file, the one with what I thought was just the name and questions I had written-guess what I found????

Believe it or not-the story was written!  Not only was it written-it was really WELL written.  Whoa!  I couldn’t remember writing a single word of it.  That is scary enough on its own to realize, but to discover I can do my job in a muscle relaxant coma was even scarier!

After thinking it over, I decided to keep up the hope that maybe, just maybe-I wrote up another one during the time I found myself staring into space.

 

No, no such luck the second time around-I opened up that file and it really was just the name of my interviewee and the questions.  Darn.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?