banner1
Join Associated Content http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Carine_Nadel

Friday, December 12, 2014

 

Just Call Me Grumpy


Just Call Me Grumpy

 

The week was pretty good, really.   Sunday night we went with Adam and Sam to the company holiday party.  Adam won the BIG gift of the evening-50” Visio TV.  Steve won a new drill-he now wants to know where I’ll allow him to practice drilling holes into what walls.

 

Just so you know, not happening.  One of his co-workers did suggest sarcastically that we re-think replacing the safe that was pulled out of the wall, that way he could drill holes and bolt another one into the same spot.

 

That is not happening either-it didn’t do us a bit of good the first time.

 

By the end of the evening I realized 2 things:  One is that even with my PT working miracles on my sciatic nerve on Friday morning, if I wear my 1-1/2” chunky 10 year old pumps and stand up on them for over an hour, that few moments of less pain goes away.

 

By the time we left, I found myself waiting for our car in bare feet and wishing it was already 8 a.m. and that I was back at PT.

The other thing is that a 50” TV does NOT fit in the back of my sedan.  Poor Adam and Sam had to hold the box in front of them for the 45 minute trip home.

 

If you looked at the photos, you’ll know that Steve played Santa (very well, despite the groans at his puns) and that we looked pretty good for a couple closer to 60 than ever before!

 

Monday and Tuesday were filled with PT, taking the boys to art class, getting a haircut, having lunch with Sarah, getting our security screens checked out (one was a bit “cock-eyed”) and Steve leaving to visit the Nadel side of the family that resides in Santa Rosa.

 

However, the “grumpy” event has to do with a visit to our lab for my normal 6 week blood work. 

Every time I go there seems to be a shortage of techs, a full room and the worst part:  The 2 techs that are there seem to think that for every patient they see that they deserve a 10 minute break to crab about how much work they have to do!

 

Even those who made appointments were joining those of us “walk-ins” at making faces over how long we were sitting there!  The woman next to me said she made an appointment two weeks prior, got there 20 minutes early and had been sitting there 20 minutes after the appointment time!

 

Another gentleman looked at me and said, “I’m telling them I’m going to get some coffee at Starbucks and will be back.”

I came prepared with my latest JoAnne Fluke mystery.  My smartphone couldn’t get a signal in there, so I was glad that I grabbed it as I turned on the alarm system and left the house.

After an hour and 10 minutes a tech called me back, drew my blood and then handed me a paper asking me to “rate” my experience. 

They do this every time.  Every time I come home, log on and rate them.  No one ever calls to apologize, nothing changes and I always wish I could go somewhere (anywhere) else to get this done.

It’s like I say to Steve when he’s made me watch a really bad movie and then wants to know if I like it:  No, no I didn’t-there’s time off my life that I will never get back.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?